Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The "California Way" of Connecting


I grew up in a very loving household. I knew I was loved by how my family showed up more than the amount of hugs and kisses I received (and when I mean showed up, I mean at least one parent suffered through every single performance of every show I was ever in, including an outdoor, in 90 degree heat run of "Annie"). Then I moved to California and acclimated to the "hugs-instead-of-handshakes" custom and despite my upbringing, I evolved into a daily hugger versus a special-occasion hugger. Depending on where you are from, this week's activity may already come naturally to you or may push you right out of your comfort zone.

In honor of Valentine's Day, show some physical affection to your family and (if you're up to it and it won't freak them out too badly) your friends. Although I am incredibly affectionate, there are days when I have to consciously remember to hug and kiss my kids and my husband. Take a moment to look your loved ones in the eye and sincerely tell them they are loved. Celebrate with a nice embrace and a smooch. Notice the connection you make and revel in the sweet energy of giving and receiving love.

Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts