Sunday, October 20, 2013

Purpose Statement




We have 3 little ones. Right now we are up to our ears in learning with our brains---we play math games, read books, learn how to print and the ABC's gets more airplay than Justin Bieber at a junior high slumber party.  Of course I am glad my kids are learning, but I know as they continue towards school-age, their intellectual learning will be a growing priority. And their desire to watch tv, play video games, use the computer and text their friends 874 times a day will too. So I am starting early. 


Each week I will post an activity here in hopes that it will nurture compassion, optimism, kindness, self-love, reflection---the universal qualities I want to cultivate in myself and my family. I figure if we spend some time unplugged each week, focused on Creativity, Humanity, our Environment or our Spirit, we will end up more plugged-in and present with each other. I hope your are inspired to try the lessons along with us (they aren't just for kids), check back and see how we did and post your insights too.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts